VPI (Vacuum Pressure Impregnated) transformers are vacuum pressure impregnated with a high temperature polyester varnish. VPI ventilated dry type transformers are designed to meet most commercial and industrial applications. VPI transformers provide excellent mechanical and short circuit strength, no danger of fire or explosion, and no liquids to leak.This technique applies the varnish coating in interchanging cycles of pressure and vacuum. The VPI process uses polyester resin. The coils are then cured in an oven. The VPI process is better than the standard dry-type transformer because it includes pressure in addition to vacuum. This process allows better penetration of the varnish in the transformer coil. These units offer an increased resistance to corona.
Advantages of VPI Transformers :
- Enhanced Safety
- Minimal maintenance
- Near Load Center or even near to load. Reduced transmission losses
- Reduced cost of cabling
- More Reliable
- Enhanced overloading capacity
- Resistance to humidity
- Hazard free to the environment
- Negligible smoke generation
- Can be fitted outdoor in IP 45 enclosure
- Suitable for as low as -25° C ambient temperature
- Capacity: 5 KVA to 500 KVA
- Phase: Single and Three
- Voltage class: Up to 11 KV.
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz.
- Insulation Class: H/C
- Impregnant: Polyester Varnish
- Cooling Method: AN or FA
- Compliance to Test Standards: IS 2026 / IS 11171.
- Enclosures: Confirming to IP 21 to IP 33 for Indoor location and IP 45 for outdoor location.
Basic Features :
- Free standing cast resin transformer complete with bidirectional rollers
- Naturally ventilated steel enclosure (IP21)
- Bottom entry gland plates for HV & LV terminations
- Naturally cooled (AN)
- Tap changer (Manual links)
- Rating plate
- Lifting points
- Earthing point
Optional Features :
- Ventilated enclosure with higher IP rating (Ex: IP 54)
- Forced air cooling increasing output by up to 40%.
- Top entry gland plates
- Bus-bar trunking
- Enclosure mounted HV & LV cable boxes
- Flanged enclosure for direct mounting of Low voltage & Medium voltage switchgear
- Temperature relays
- Special paint treatments
- Close coupled indoor/outdoor low voltage circuit breaker cabinets up to 4000 Amps
Contact the seller
Vacuum Pressure Impregnated (VPI) Dry Type Transformer
We recommend to see