Propolis is resinous mixture that honey bees collect from sap flows, tree buds or other botanical sources. It finds usage as a sealant for unwanted open spaces in hives. Propolis is also used for filling small gaps (approximately 6 millimetres (0.2 in) or less), while larger spaces are usually filled with beeswax. With colors varying depending on its botanical source with most common being dark brown, Propolis is sticky at above room temperature where as at lower temperatures, it becomes hard and very brittle.Enriched with antibiotic as well as anti fungal properties, some of its advantages include:
- It can be applied to cuts & other skin abrasions to sterilize wounds
- It is rich in amino acids & bio flavonoids, thus promoting healthy immune systems
- It also contains vitamins and minerals
- These are used as cement to seal cracks/open spaces in hives
- Used as traditional medicine, propolis offered by us is enriched with antibiotic & anti fungal properties.