Data center services is a collective term for the supporting components necessary for the proper operation of a repository for storage, management and dissemination of data organized around a body of knowledge or pertaining to an enterprise. As such, data center services can involve hardware, software, processes and personnel.
Examples of data center services include:
- Hardware installation and maintenance
- Managed power distribution
- Backup power systems
- Data backup and archiving
- Managed load balancing
- Controlled Internet access
- Managed e-mail and messaging
- Managed user authentication and authorization
- Diverse firewalls and anti-malware programs
- Managed outsourcing
- Managed business continuance
- Continuous, efficient technical support.
in section "Data Center Services"