- BrandKrivi Exports
- packingA pack of 60 tablets
- StrengthDasatinib 50& 20 mg
- Manufactured ByNatco Pharma Limited
- GENERIC NAMEDasatinib
- Brand NameDASANAT
Dasatinib / SPRYCEL
Treating certain types of leukemia. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Dasatinib is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by blocking proteins that cause the rapid growth of certain types of leukemia cells. This helps the bone marrow to start making normal blood cells again.
Drug Type: Dasatinib is a targeted therapy. Dasatinib is classified as a signal transduction inhibitor - tyrosine kinase inhibitor. (For more detail, see "How this drug works" below).
What Dasatinib Is Used For:
- Treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy.
- Treatment of Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How Dasatinib Is Given:
- Dasatinib is a tablet to be taken by mouth.
- Dasatinib may be taken with or without food.
- Do not break, crush or chew Dasatinib tablets.
- If you miss a dose of Dasatinib, take your next scheduled dose at its regular time. Do not take 2 doses of Dasatinib at the same time. Call your healthcare provider if you are not sure what to do.
- The amount of Dasatinib that you will receive depends on many factors, such as the type of cancer or condition you have. Your doctor will determine your exact dosage and schedule.
Dasatinib Side Effects:
Important things to remember about the side effects of Dasatinib:
- You will not get all of the Dasatinib side effects mentioned below.
- Dasatinib side effects are often predictable in terms of their onset, duration, and severity.
- Dasatinib side effects are almost always reversible and will go away after therapy is complete.
- Dasatinib side effects are quite manageable. There are many options to minimize or prevent them.
The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking Dasatinib:
- Low blood counts. Your white and red blood cells and platelets may temporarily decrease. This can put you at increased risk for infection, anemia and/or bleeding.
- Muscle and bone pain
- Fluid retention: fluid accumulation in legs and around the eyes. In more severe cases (9% in clinical studies) fluid may accumulate in the lining of the lungs (pleural effusion), in the sac around the heart (pericardial effusion) or abdominal cavity (ascites). Notify your health care provider immediately if you experience swelling, weight gain or increasing shortness of breath.
These are less common (occurring in 10-29%) side effects for patients receiving Dasatinib:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Abdominal pain
- Generalized weakness
- Poor appetite
- Mouth sores
- Weight loss
- Low phosphorus blood levels
- Low calcium blood levels
- Chest pain
- Numbness and tingling in hands or feet
- Weight gain